Tapping your way to Health and the Circus
I recently decided to lose a bit of weight. I first thought of going to a gym but dark high school memories kind of give me a fear of gyms so I was looking a for a fun non-gym way to get some exercise. At that point I was handed a flier for something that was unique to the Barstow area, Adult Tap Class. I have a love for old musicals and movies so I looked forward to the chance to tap in the shoes of James Cagney, Fred Astaire, Sammy Davis Jr. and Gene Kelly. It soon became clear that the greats had no threat from me but what I found is that it was a great work out with a great group of folks. I have been doing it for a few months now and I can tell you that I have made some new friends for life and I am getting to be a better dancer. Someday I may even manage the time step.
The tap class will also be joining the circus in June as a part of Kim Harris’s Annual Recital. The show should be a fun night “Under the Big Top” with jugglers, a unicyclist and the adult tappers playing the part of Ring Masters.
It is not too late to join in on the fun. For more information call Kim Harris Dance Studio at 760-255-4959 or 760-220-4351.
Read more Community
- Joshua Rose Foundation
- Barstow Mayor Joe D. Gomez and Supervisor Neil Derry exchange words
- The things you will find at Barstow Walmart
- Tapping your way to Health and the Circus
- Thank you Ballinger, Texas
- All about me and my suicidal dad
- Six Years and One Day: Remembering my Goldstone Co-workers
- A TRIBUTE TO BETTE MOSES THRU THE EYES OF CORY BAKER
- MFP Portrait: Joe D. Gomez
- Holiday Meals 2011
- Occupy the High Desert
- Report from Occupying Los Angeles
- Gerhardy Wildlife Sanctuary Cleanup
- Homeless in Barstow